FAB Score = 347 (as of 15 Nov 2022; see notes below)
Rank = 1
– HQ: San Francisco Bay Area
– Founded: 2017
– Banking services partners: Choice Financial Group; Evolve Bank & Trust
– Raised $152M (Crunchbase) including $120M in 2021
– Valuation: $1.7B (based on July 2021 round)
– Website visits: 1.4 million (Sep 2022; SimilarWeb)
– Employees: 383 (Pitchbook)
– Articles: 14 (Crunchbase)
– Linkedin: 15,300 followers (750 employees)
– iOS app: 4.8 (872 reviews)
– Trustpilot: 3.9 (486 reviews)
- How the FAB Score is calculated: As nerds do, we are developing a proprietary score measuring the adoption of private digital financial services companies. Since most do not release traditional metrics (# customers, deposits, AUM, etc) we rely on third-party estimates of website traffic, app downloads, as well as publically reported funding (equity + debt). We call it the FAB score, standing for Fintech Attention Barometer. It’s a work in progress, so expect changes in the formula.
- Disclaimer: We personally write and stand by everything published here. We receive referral revenues from certain companies which can impact their positioning on the site. At the time of publication, Mercury is one of our partners.